Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Changes

Over the last couple months, I've been back in my shop, starting over and building it again.

I've noticed a change.

I'm not feeling it anymore.

I used to be excited to hunt for things, give them a new life, and help them find a new home. After I graduated from school, I thought it would go right back to being how it was. But so far, it hasn't.

My perspective on life is that it is short. Too short, in fact, to force something that doesn't fit anymore.

So, I'm making some changes. Re-structuring.

I will close my shop as it is in its current location. In the future, I will offer amazing finds through my blog, online shop, and shows.

I'm hoping this will give me more flexibility to pursue the things that I really feel a passion for.

The good news is, I'll be having an amazing "Moving Sale"!

I need to clear out much of my current inventory.

So here's the plan:

July 20th & 21st- 15% off everything

July 27th & 28th- 20% off all smalls, 15% off furniture
August 3rd & 4th- 30% off all smalls, 20% off furniture
August 10th & 11th- 40% off all smalls, 25% off all furniture
August 17th & 18th- 50% off all smalls, 30% off all furniture
August 25th & 25th- 60% off all smalls, 35% off all furniture + GARAGE SALE
After that, I'll continue to mark things down until everything is gone!
*I won't be offering Layaway or Holds, so bring a truck!
*I'll be bring in new items from the basement and storage until everything is GONE.
I want to thank everyone for their support of my business throughout the years!
Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Sigh.... sometimes its just hard to go with the flow, accept the change, and let go of all of the things that keep you anchored in the safe place. And maybe too, it is the background to this blog that looks like the pattern on the sheets my mom and dad had all the time I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling-or lack of it...I tried ebay to be able to keep selling. Not for me. I like the person to person contact when selling treasures. Ebay is too impersonal. It is hard, however, to stop searching for the "good stuff". I still look, carry the treasures around for a few minutes and then leave them for another hunter to find. It's kind of like leaving an old friend but sometimes you find new treasures that catch your eye and touch your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings:

    Please email me at taaden@batiboo.com
    I am the owner of Batik Boo-tique: an African Nspired Bootique and Bookstore, which is slated to open in St. Thomas USVI next year.

    I would like to speak to you regarding your diaper bags -- if still available.

    Blessings,
    Taaden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to see me and what I've been up to. I love, love, love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...