Sunday, August 2, 2009

Too Much of a Good Thing?

I've been shopping and shopping to find great stuff for Abigail's. The store has been full, full, full! (Apologies to anyone who has tried to bring a carseated baby and negotiate their way around the shop :) I have great new stuff that I'm pricing and putting out as quickly as I can tag them. Even though the shop has been bursting at the seams, I can't stop finding vintage dressers, mirrors, desks, tables, beds, and adorable vintage decor and accessories.

So, I've been questioning whether I should be continue to buy so much stock when the store is so full. Sometimes I even start to worry that I could become one of those crazy hoarder people who have to clear out paths in their homes through the piles of newspapers and styrofoam meat liners that have been building up for years like this. There's just so much fun stuff to buy lately!

After last weekend in the shop, so much is cleared out! The shop looked relatively bare by the end of business Saturday. Many new customers have been visting weekly to find the best deals and new treasures. A LOT have been bringing their friends in too! I have room to put out a lot of our new items.

This weekend I was out and about and found a cute 40's red enamel top table, a farmhouse chic green and white metal desk, a pair of old farmhouse white chairs, and a cream and gold dresser. I also found a wash bin, lots of shelves, antique quilts and gesso frames, and much more. I can't wait to shift around my displays to fit them all in.

Monday I have 13 hours(!) scheduled with clients and it's my paperwork day, but I will try to take pictures of the new items in the evening after my babies are in bed so you can see what I have going for next weekend.

I have no idea where I am going to put the cute new tables that I found, but after a terrific sales weekend, I have decided that I agree with Mae West that "Too much of a good thing is wonderful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to see me and what I've been up to. I love, love, love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...